In trending with the National Association of REALTORS® the OBX did see a decline in year-over-year sales and inventory compared to September 2022. It is important to remember that the market is stabilizing to normal pre-COVID levels. But we are seeing some positive statistics compared to August of this year.
Some positive results include:
- Total and residential inventory was up compared to August of this year.
- There were 272 new listings added to the MLS in September-more than the increase for both August 2023, and September 2022.
- Dare County issued 29 more building permits in September.
- Currituck issued 311 building permits which was an increase of 161 permits compared to the same time last year.
- Of the 216 sales in September, 88 were CASH!
Find out more by reading the full report!